When I look for a plugin for my wordpress blog I just want it to work right the first time. There are many free wordpress plugins to help you integrate Adsense into your blog. The problem is that there are too many and many just do not work right. So you end up wasting your time trying plugin after plugin.
I just installed Easy Adsense on my blog and it lives up to it’s name. I installed it and worked the first time exactly as promised. What I really like about Easy Adsense is the way it placed the maximum number of ads strategically on my blog automatically. I could not have done the ad placements better myself. They are tastefully distributed throughout the site maximizing exposure without violating Adsense TOS or overpowering the blog. I would have spent hours looking for the right files to put the codes into then uploading them to my server, seeing if I put the codes in the right place, then testing again. This time consuming tedious task was eliminated with Easy Adsense and they placed the ads better than I could have after spending hours testing.
Here are the features of Easy Adsense:
1. Enforces the Google policy of not more than three ad blocks per page.
2. Sidebar Widgets:
* For AdSense for content with custom title.
* For search with customizable text or image title.
* For Link Units.
3. Rich set of Options:
* Put Link Units or Ad Blocks in header or footer.
* Suppress ads on all pages (as opposed to posts), or on the front/home page.
* Add a customizable mouse-over border decoration on ad blocks.
* Display ad blocks based on the post length.
4. Control over the positioning and display of AdSense blocks in each post or page.
5. Simplest possible configuration interface — nothing more than cutting and pasting AdSense code, and with sensible defaults for the few options present, all with clear instructions.
6. Internationalized (multiple languages supported).
Your comments are always appreciated.
P.S. There have been some blog posts about the developper “stealing” your adspace by replacing his ads with yours. This is configurable so that you can set the ad sharing to 0 in which case the developer’s ads will not show at all. See here to learn directly from Manoj the developer about this.
He now seems to have gone to a pro version which is only $4.99. You can get a pro version which allows you to completely eliminate ad sharing or you can get lite free version which has ad sharing. See here to learn about both versions.